cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Run myBlock in Tomcat fail
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:49:14 GMT
Rice Yeh wrote:
> Hi,
>   I follow the insturction in
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html to run the
> 2.2 version. The result is good in jetty. However, when i run the same block
> with tomcat, I always get the following error messages:
>
> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/cocoon] startup failed due to previous errors
>
> Any clue?

Are you using the latest version? I checked in a fix yesterday for the
web.xml; the doctype was missing. So you could check your web.xml. If it
does not contain a doctype, add it and try again :)
If that is not the problem, can you post more information?

I'm running latest Cocoon 2.2 in Tomcat (5.0 and 5.5) without problems.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/