cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [CForms] And another thing! :-)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:21:52 GMT
Mark Lundquist escribió:

> On Jul 18, 2006, at 5:14 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>>> OK, so @unique-row-id and @unique-path are deprecated. Got that. In
>>> favor of... what? <fb:unique-row>? Or <fb:identity>? Or either,
>>> depending on... something?
>>> I'll be happy to edit this section to make it comprehensible, once I
>>> achieve some understanding of it myself :-)
>>> Sorry for the snarkiness... just feeling a little frustrated is all :-)
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> When 'unique identification widgets' were first introduced, they were
>> called something else then what they are called now.
>
> Right... I got that much :-)
>
>> Now they are known as <fb:identity>.
>
> OK — and I have always used <fb:identity>, so I must have figured out
> that this was the thing to do... so I guess my only question left is,
> what about <fb:unique-row>?
Hi,

I think <fb:unique-row> was the initial name for <fb:identity>.
<fb:unique-row> is now deprecated. I don't remember out of hand, I
suspect <fb:unique-row> never existed, because it was never released.
> Hmm... looking at the source code, it's nowhere to be found. From the
> documentation, it appears that at one point it was meant to allow the
> implementation of composite identity schemes, but it either was never
> implemented, or was superseded by the time of the release but the doc
> was never changed?
>
> Also, w.r.t. @unique-row-id and @unique/path, they are no longer
> "deprecated" as such — they are now unsupported, and the
> implementation does the courtesy of recognizing them and throwing
> BindingException.
They were deprecated, because they did not allow to define more than one
widget. Or it was to complicated to parse them. Hence it was deprecated
in favor of <fb:identity>. A sample of the new way is here(look for the
repeater):

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/forms/form2_bind_bean.xml?revision=392580&view=markup

I think <fb:identity is not mandatory, there is still the simple repater:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/forms/dynamicrepeater_binding.xml?revision=392580&view=markup

HTH.

> So, I would remove all references to them from the docs, and the same
> for <unique-row> and <unique-field>. WDYT?
Great idea, please do! :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.