cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running mode default
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:07:30 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> What was the reason to set the default running mode to 'dev'? I can
>> imagine there might be lots of users not able to set system properties
>> on their (production) machines when they release Cocoon 2.2 projects.
>>
> Isn't this value part of the Settings? IIRC these can also be set via a
> property file so they don't have to be system properties.  That doesn't
> mean the default shouldn't be changed though.

No, the running mode is not handled like the other settings. It is
read/detected before everything else, so currently the one chance you
have is to change the running mode using a system property.
We could move this detecting to a later phase if we think that this
makes sense.

I think making "prod" the default is the better choice. I think to
remember that we decided some time ago to use production ready settings
as defaults.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/