cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supplied defaults from plugin
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:38:03 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> about the catalogManager: yes, we could add an option
>> "useDefaultCatalogManager" and add the properties file and the catalogs.
>

> The question might be is it a necessity to have one. If so and there
> isn't one in the deployed webapp the plugin should supply one (without
> the need to configure something).
>
> What I'm thinking of stuff for WEB-INF is:
>
> classes/CatalogManager.properties as well as entities/
>     dunno whether this is just usefull or needed
>
> web.xml
>     this is indeed needed but still the plugin can supply a default
>     one. If someone needs to change/add something on it, she/he can
>     copy it to the regular path of the webapp project
>     (src/main/webapp/WEB-INF)
>
> log4j.xconf
>     a default can be supplied here as well IMO.
>
> properties/
>     same here, at least core.properties in there because it is
>     needed (Cocoon doesn't work without it).
>
> WDYT?

If you run the block deployer on a block (and not on a webapp), the resources in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/maven/deployer/monolithic/WEB-INF/

are used. Some of these resources use the StringTemplage template engine to set
values dynamically
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/maven/deployer/monolithic/MonolithicCocoonDeployer.java)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc