cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supplied defaults from plugin
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:40:34 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Wouldn't it be cool if the cocoon:deploy goal supplies one with default
> files missing in the project src/main/webapp? I can imaging some
> defaults for things like catalogManager.properties, base cocoon.xconf
> etc. would be helpfull?

I moved all default xconf files into the cocoon-core module (you won't find them
in cocoon-webapp anymore) so you already get them this way.

about the catalogManager: yes, we could add an option "useDefaultCatalogManager"
and add the properties file and the catalogs.

Apart from this there is also some (still undocumented) features that allows you
to run a block. The deployer creates a minimal web application for this purpose.
It also allows to refer to other unpacked blocks. The use case for this is e.g.
your blocks depends on cforms and you need to work on it at the same time (e.g.
you want to fix something). The deployer can be configured that the unpacked
version is used instead of the Maven artifact. This should reduce the
build/deployment cycle to a minimum.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc