cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:51:37 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Are you using so many sitemap processors so that becomes a problem? We
> have something like that today. The tree processor is configured as a
> component, or will a Spring bean configuration be much more verbose?
No, the spring bean config might look the same (more or less). Perhaps
we could even use spring templates to simplify (don't know yet, I have
to look into that).
Anyway, my idea is to not use mount (= sub sitemaps) anymore. So I guess
I will end up with several sitemap processors. I think we should remove
the concept of sub sitemaps completly (this would make our code much
more cleaner) as you never really know which sitemap processes what. And
with this new processor concept we don't need it anymore.

> Irrespectively of if the bean configuration becomes verbose or not, it
> will help us towards better modularization. Each block, or rather each
> sample block, can contribute its sitemap as a sitemap processor that is
> configured in its bean configuration. In this way we get rid of the
> sitemap copying part of the deployer.
Yes, definitly true. So let's try this way.