cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:47:26 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Don't think this is the best way to do it. The current
> MountTableProcessor means that you only can mount SitemapProcessor and
> no other kinds of controllers, as it explicitly manage the creation of
> the SitemapProcessors. IMO it is better to let the component container
> (Spring) create the SitemapProcessor (and other processors), then the
> MountTableProcessor instead contains an association between uri prefixes
> and component ids. And this makes it usable together with any processor
> as its not the concern of the MountTableProcessor to create the
> processor anymore.
Ah, yes, you're right of course. I forgot to mention that I wanted to
change the
MountTableProcessor later on to exactly provide that feature.

> Also it makes the path to the sitemap for a specific SitemapProcessor a
> concern for the configuration of the SietmapProcessor rather than the
> configuration of the MountTableProcessor. Much better SoC IMO.
Yes, true - unfortunately the configuration gets a little bit
complicated as you then have to add each and every sitemap processor as
a bean in spring instead of using a generic approach.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/