cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:30:53 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> However, a few remarks:
> - how is Processor different from Servlet?
The interface is similar. The difference is configuration and who
manages the component. If a processor is a component we can use all nice
features of spring for that and I think the configuration is nicer.
Things like changing the configuration at runtime should be easier as
well as you don't have to modify the web.xml.

> - SitemapProcessorFactory is pretty close to
> ServletContext.getRequestDipatcher()
No, not exactly. The dispatcher is based in the request uri where as the
sitemap process factory gives you a processor for a sitemap specified by
the sitemap location which might be totally different to the incomming uri.

> IMO, we should always have a single ContentHandler object, and test if
> it's also instanceof LexicalHandler. And only in the rare occasions
> where we have two separate objects, then use a wrapper that implements
> both interfaces.
Agreed.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de