cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:18:40 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Often you are going to need the servlet configuration and/or context
> and then you are back on the Servlet interface again. OTH, having a
> Servlet as a managed component is slightly complicated as one need to
> keep track on both its life cycle as a managed component and as a
> servlet. I guess we will see which way that is best to go when you
> have implemented a little bit more.

IMO that should be servlets, which allow for many other things (and not
only Cocoon) to be integrated in a container. Being able to manage
servlets means we're able to manage anything and can also benefit
from/share with other people's work in this domain.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net