cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:56:17 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Some time ago we discussed very lengthy that our core interface, the
> Processor, is not the best interface we ever invented. The processor
> should be the main entrance to the Cocoon processing engine.

<snip/>

> So, WDYT?

Interesting.

However, a few remarks:
- how is Processor different from Servlet?
- SitemapProcessorFactory is pretty close to
ServletContext.getRequestDipatcher()

Also, I would avoid at all costs the Consumer inerface. In most cases
where a LexicalHandler is present, it is the same object as the
ContentHandler, but of course it doesn't implement the Cocoon-defined
interface, thus requiring a wrapper to be used.

IMO, we should always have a single ContentHandler object, and test if
it's also instanceof LexicalHandler. And only in the rare occasions
where we have two separate objects, then use a wrapper that implements
both interfaces.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net