cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [2.2] New processor interface/approach
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:32:43 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:

> Interesting.  Sounds perhaps useful without the dual implementations
> as just simplifying the core, but the ability to plug in your own base
> processor also sounds interesting; if we ever go to the point where
> all our processing is completely database driven I take it that, in
> theory, this would basically let us plug in something to jump straight
> to a single fixed pipline (or two) without the rest of the sitemap
> processing overhead?
Yes, that's possible and one of the ideas behind this. It seems that if
you're developing web applications with Cocoon, you always end up with
one single pipeline for 95% of your app. In this case you could just
provide a processor creating this pipeline and that's it.

I'm also about to make a suggestion for a simpler pipeline api in the
next days.