cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: How to overrule the failmessage of the dataType convertor
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:16:44 GMT
Robby Pelssers, AGP napisaƂ(a):
> Hi All,
> I am trying to overrule the failmessage (e.g.
> "datatype.conversion-faileddatatype.integer") of the dataType
> convertor of a fieldWidget. I can't seem to find back in the
> documentation how to define this in a Form Definition.
I'm posting my reply on user mail-list because it's a place where the
question really should have been posted.

AFAIK there is no corresponding to validator's fd:failmessage element
for convertors. However, "datatype.conversion-faileddatatype.integer" is
just a key for I18n transformer [1] and this is preferred way of
resolving error messages. Take a look at CForms samples, all of them use
i18n transformer for error messages.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/i18nTransformer.html

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski