cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wildcard matcher causes StackOverflowErrors (was Re: StackOverflowError in 2.1)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:57:48 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>>   
> OK. But my question is really that if the old code didn't have unit 
> tests how do we know that the new unit tests are compatible with the old 
> matcher (i.e - that they get the same results)?
:) We added the old tests to the new test case and we added many test
cases which should cover most day to day patterns. Apparently we haven't
covered everything yet. Apart from that, clicking through the samples
and seeing if everything works is another test and as soon as something
fails, we can add that as a new test case.

> I'm not sure what the
> bugs that needed fixing were, but I would hate to have someone upgrade 
> to 2.1.10 and have them experience a StackOverflowError due to a similar 
> problem.
:) The old code did not throw a StackOverflowError but simply did not
match even when it should. One example is: "*.xml" did not match
"hello.xml.xml" which it obviously should. There were a few more if
these cases.

Carsten
-- 
Carsten Ziegeler - Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Mime
View raw message