cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard matcher causes StackOverflowErrors (was Re: StackOverflowError in 2.1)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:40:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ralph Goers schrieb:
>
>> Were there test cases for the old wildcard matcher?  Since this matcher
>> is almost certainly used in every Cocoon deployment we must guarantee
>> that it is 100% compatible with the old matcher in BRANCH_2_1_X -
>> unless, of course, there was some specific bug that needed fixing.
>>

> There were only a few test cases for the old matcher; we have much more
> for the new one. And the old one had specific bugs that we needed to fix
> and as the old code is very ..ehm..historically grown...it is
> unmaintainable.
>
> Carsten

OK. But my question is really that if the old code didn't have unit
tests how do we know that the new unit tests are compatible with the old
matcher (i.e - that they get the same results)?  I'm not sure what the
bugs that needed fixing were, but I would hate to have someone upgrade
to 2.1.10 and have them experience a StackOverflowError due to a similar
problem.

Ralph