cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wildcard matcher causes StackOverflowErrors (was Re: StackOverflowError in 2.1)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:23:12 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:
> Well, I found the source of the problem. In the sitemap the matcher for
> "*.html" was before the matcher for "menu/*". The matcher for "*.html"
> calls the "composite" resource which in turn does a map:part for
> "cocoon:/menu/{../1}.html".  This is apparently matching *.html and
> causing an infinite loop.  Simply moving the *.html matcher after the
> menu/* matcher causes the problem to go away.

Can you come up with a test case and add it to the test for the wildcard
matcher?

> In short, unless the new wildcard matcher is 100% compatible with the
> old one it needs to be reverted in BRANCH_2_1_X.
True. The old version is buggy and it seems that the new one has some
problems as well.
But in general I think that the new version is a much cleaner and better
implementation we should strive to get working 100%.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/