cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Wildcard matcher causes StackOverflowErrors (was Re: StackOverflowError in 2.1)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:26:08 GMT
Well, I found the source of the problem. In the sitemap the matcher for
"*.html" was before the matcher for "menu/*". The matcher for "*.html"
calls the "composite" resource which in turn does a map:part for
"cocoon:/menu/{../1}.html".  This is apparently matching *.html and
causing an infinite loop.  Simply moving the *.html matcher after the
menu/* matcher causes the problem to go away.

In short, unless the new wildcard matcher is 100% compatible with the
old one it needs to be reverted in BRANCH_2_1_X.

Ralph