cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Wildcard matcher causes StackOverflowErrors (was Re: StackOverflowError in 2.1)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:26:08 GMT
Well, I found the source of the problem. In the sitemap the matcher for 
"*.html" was before the matcher for "menu/*". The matcher for "*.html" 
calls the "composite" resource which in turn does a map:part for 
"cocoon:/menu/{../1}.html".  This is apparently matching *.html and 
causing an infinite loop.  Simply moving the *.html matcher after the 
menu/* matcher causes the problem to go away.

In short, unless the new wildcard matcher is 100% compatible with the 
old one it needs to be reverted in BRANCH_2_1_X.


Ralph Goers wrote:
> I wanted to mess around with some of the input modules so I brought up 
> the input module page in the sample site.  However, it dies with a 
> StackOverflowError. I then checked out the latest to another one of my 
> computers (with Linux instead of Windows) and got the same error.  
> Unfortunately, no stack trace is presented.  I've tried going directly 
> to some of the samples on that page and can't get anything to work.
> Ralph

View raw message