cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Load/Save model events never send?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:00:29 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Will this enable to try to store something like "abc" into a integer
> widget/model (which obviously would raise an Exception). If this would
> be possible I would certainly be against allowing
> unvalidated/invalid-state saves.

I don't know :) I guess it depends, if your model is using an int, I
guess you will get an exception. But if your form model is using an int
datatype but your data model is using a string (for whatever reason)
this might work. It also might work if you're binding to xml. But all
these are just guesses.

Now, we could argue that if someone explicitly calls save() he should
have ensured beforehand that his data is valid.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/