cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:50:28 GMT
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> so... you can do it.
> In m1 anybody can override the build.properties as in m2 they can put
> a different version.
Pardon me for going on and on about this, but the reality is that, at
least in my organization, "anybody" cannot override the
build.properties. When our CM team gets a release they will use the
correct build.properties and your project damn well better build with
it.  If a new or upgraded third party jar is required it has to be
explicitly called out in the release documentation.

> i'm not saying it's the right solution but while is not implemented
> you can still do it. There's a limited number of hours in the day to
> do all the things we want to do ;)
This part I understand! ;-)

Ralph