cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incorrect link in forms documentation
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:41:00 GMT
Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just noticed that there is an incorrect link in the Cocoon Forms
>>> documentation. In [1], at the end of the section "Selection lists",
>>> there is a link which should lead to more info on selection lists
>>> [2], but instead leads to the page about datatypes [3]. Very
>>> confusing. Can someone fix this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Niels
>>>
>>> [1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_field.html
>>> [2]
>>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html
>>> [3] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/datatypes.html
>>

>> thanks for spotting this. Fixed in Daisy now.
>>

> Hmm. I understand from Arje that the documentation I refered to in my
> post is outdated and not updated anymore. The latest documentation
> apparently is at cocoon.zones.apache.org. To be honest, I was under the
> impression that the docs @ cocoon.apache.org are the latest from Daisy...
 >
> Isn't it ridiculous that if I click on 'documentation' at
> cocoon.apache.org, I am presented outdated docs, and no link whatsoever
> to the new ones? Not very user friendly, anyway.

This is incorrect. The published docs are the ones from Daisy. There is
a time lag between them being edited and them being published. How long
that lag is depends on when someone is able to publish them.

The docs from Daisy are built once a day by the Forrestbot, see [1].
These are not intended to be read by users, but are there so that devs
can verify the latest version of the docs before they are published to
the site.

As for a link to the latest devlopment version of a doc in daisy, take a
look at the bottom of any page in the docs collection where you will see
the following text and link:

"Errors and Improvements?  If you see any errors or potential
improvements in this document please help us:  View, Edit or comment on
  the latest development version (registration required)."

Ross

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/index.html