cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:12:52 GMT
On 4/07/2006 9:34 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> I agree that the whole maven2 situation is currently far less than
> just acceptable ...but TBH I am not sure the maven team is (or was?)
> really aware of all the problems we have.

Not until you forwarded a message (and thanks for doing so). We don't
really have the bandwidth to follow along with everyone that is
converting builds...

> Maybe we can get a statement on the maven self-update and
> unreliable-messed-up-repository situation. From what it sounds they
> are working on it. So let's not work this out in our little cocoon
> corner but let's hear what they have to say.

I think we all recognise there are some issues, particularly with
ibiblio dropping out consistently, and also issues with transitivity and
versioning that have been raised on the dev@maven thread. I'm not sure
what "messed up repository" issues you are having, but would like to
hear about it.

I know this stuff needs a good hard looking at, but I don't believe
there is anything insurmountable here.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>