cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [GT2006] Cocoon GetTogether 2006 call for subjects
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:39:08 GMT
Arje Cahn wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> There was some discussion at the ApacheCon Europe about the upcoming Cocoon GetTogether.
Can you already confirm a fixed date? I would like to spread the news
(conferences, articels)
here in Germany. Please note that the 3rd of October is a national
holiday in Germany which I
think might make it easier for attendees from here as they can use this
day to visit Amsterdam and don't need to take a day off.

Anyway, I asked some people about what they would like to hear at the GT
and combined this with my thoughts:

- Success Stories (why someone chose Cocoon, for what, what was great
and what not)
- 10 Reasons to use Cocoon
- Comparison of Cocoon with other web frameworks
- Why should I upgrade to 2.2?
- Some howto's/best practices for
    - Configuration
    - Using Spring
    - Building Cocoon

Now, I could imagine that we might do a "What's new in 2.2 and how to
use it track" with different topics, 5 to 10min per topic.

And, depending on the state of 3.0, we could do this for 3.0 as well.

Just some thoughts...