cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Your Maven build doesn't work?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:33:32 GMT
Reinhard Poetz escribió:

> ... then please provide meaningful error reports. To draw an analogy,
> many complaints have the quality of "My pipeline doesn't work. Please
> provide help".
>
> I created a page
> (http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1164.html) in
> Daisy that contains the most important advices that I know off and
> helped me over the last months to tame the m2 beast ;-)

nice,

Reading here I can see that you could run maven from the local repository.

What about creating build.(sh|bat) like it was on cocoon 2.1, this build
script will run  maven:

mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

If the build works then touch a file called repository.060703

Then all the build are using only local repository libraries with a
notice that say that you are using a repository from that day.

You can work on your stuff and only update the lib repository when you
think you needed.

Using "build.sh update" could upgrade your repository when you want
instead of everytime.

I hope that I am not saying anything stupid here :-)

WDYT?