cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 17:06:39 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> But they carefully manage their own repository, right?
>>> I think the problems come mostly when relying on public repositories.
>>> -Bertrand
>> Absolutely, true.  So our goal should be to make it easy for them to
>> build their own private repository.  Unfortunately, this is really
>> something Maven should be providing, not Cocoon.  For example, it
>> would be great to go to the main Cocoon directory and run "mvn
>> repository:build" and have all the artifacts copied to the internal
>> repository (if you have permission of course).
> ??? you already get your private repo which is called local
> repository. Just wondering why you're proposing this as I know that
> you know how Maven works ...
> If you and your company don't want to rely on a public repo, then use
> the Maven proxy repository.
I've never heard of a proxy repository. I'll look into it.   Instead, we
have a private repository that is manually constructed.  Actually, we
have two.  The first is managed by developers and artifacts are added as
needed by pretty much anybody - this is where the proxy could work.  The
second is managed by our Configuration Management team.  Stuff can only
be put there by them and that will only happen if our release turnover
document specifically identifies it.

View raw message