cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN ignore
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:52:44 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi all,
> shouldn't we set the svn:ignore property on our svn repository so that
> the following maven generated stuff is ignored?
>
> - .project, .classpath, .settings and other eclipse related files
> - the target directory (we have already many target/* files in the svn
> repository, for example in cocoon-database-mocks and
> cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo).
>
> I've never played with svn properties, is it enought to set it on the
> trunk directory, or on the core and blocks directories, or do we have to
> set it on each project directory?

Actually we have many svn:ignore properties set to exclude the files and
directories you named. If you find modules that don't have the svn:ignore
property set correctly, just add them.

Additionally to the svn:ignore property we always set the svn:eol-style property
to 'native' and the svn:keywords property to 'Id'. See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special

and http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html (the Committer Subversion
Access section - last part).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc