cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:32:04 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> On 7/1/06, Ralph Goers <> wrote:
>>> ...I know in my case our Configuration Management folks have come to
>>> love
>>> Maven and the repository concept as it gives them total control over
>>> when the third party components are updated....
>> But they carefully manage their own repository, right?
>> I think the problems come mostly when relying on public repositories.
>> -Bertrand
> Absolutely, true.  So our goal should be to make it easy for them to
> build their own private repository.  Unfortunately, this is really
> something Maven should be providing, not Cocoon.  For example, it would
> be great to go to the main Cocoon directory and run "mvn
> repository:build" and have all the artifacts copied to the internal
> repository (if you have permission of course).

??? you already get your private repo which is called local repository. Just
wondering why you're proposing this as I know that you know how Maven works ...

If you and your company don't want to rely on a public repo, then use the Maven
proxy repository.

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message