cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:43:29 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 7/1/06, Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
>> ...I know in my case our Configuration Management folks have come to
>> love
>> Maven and the repository concept as it gives them total control over
>> when the third party components are updated....
>
> But they carefully manage their own repository, right?
>
> I think the problems come mostly when relying on public repositories.
>
> -Bertrand
Absolutely, true.  So our goal should be to make it easy for them to
build their own private repository.  Unfortunately, this is really
something Maven should be providing, not Cocoon.  For example, it would
be great to go to the main Cocoon directory and run "mvn
repository:build" and have all the artifacts copied to the internal
repository (if you have permission of course).

Ralph