cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:06:15 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> -Allow Cocoon users to add their own jars to the build in the old way
> (lib directory), without forcing them to use Maven for that

I think this is the most interesting point. We could try to push maven
to allow this...would be fun to see what they think. Seriously, I think
if this would be possible with m2, things would be much easier.
And we could add all ours libs this way and forget about the m2
dependency stuff for now.

In addition I think we should force the m2 people to make transitive
dependency optional. I tried this once but never succeeded.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/