cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [Daisy] "Link to new document"?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:38:07 GMT
Hi Bruno,

On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>   I tried clicking on the link, and it took me to
>> www.daisy.com! :-)  Seriously.
>
> Where did you click on the link? In the editor, you can't click on the
> link (there's a special 'open' button on the toolbar to open the link),

Where is that button, and what does it look like?  I can't seem to find
it...

> and you didn't save the document containing the link AFAICS (and in any
> case, due to the bug mentioned above, you wouldn't see the content
> containing the link anyhow).

It looks like this was a pathological side-effect of a Firefox
behavior.  Indeed you cannot traverse a link normally in the editor...
but I wanted to open it in a new tab in Firefox, so I ctrl-clicked it
(PowerBook trackpad equivalent to right-click :-), and apparently in
this mode Firefox thought it was a link and presented the link context
menu.  Not knowing any better, I selected "Open link in a new tab...",
and poofo!  I get www.daisy.com in the new tab.  Strange but true!

—ml—