cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject howto update the Cocoon website
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 09:22:28 GMT
I had a brainwave recently. Any Cocoon committer is able
to now easily update the cocoon.apache.org website and
you do not need Forrest installed locally.

When the forrestbot at our zone [1] finishes the
Cocoon docs, it then tar-gzips them and makes them
available for download. Copy them into your SVN
working copy at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/2.1
and svn commit.

It is cumbersome because you get all docs, even though
only a few have changed. It is worth it because this
gets the important 2.1/changes.html out there. Note that
Forrest is now portraying the contributors much more
prominently.

I modified the instructions at:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/