cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Philip Fennell (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (COCOON-1881) Xinclude transformer has changed behaviour with Saxon 8.7.1
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:27:44 GMT
Xinclude transformer has changed behaviour with Saxon 8.7.1
-----------------------------------------------------------

         Key: COCOON-1881
         URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1881
     Project: Cocoon
        Type: Bug

  Components: Blocks: (Undefined)  
    Versions: 2.1.8, 2.1.10-dev (current SVN)    
    Reporter: Philip Fennell


With Windows XP sp2, Cocoon 2.1.8, Tomcat 5.5 and Saxon 8.6.1 or 8.7 configured as the default
XSLT transformer I was able to embed xi:include instructions within source documents and have
Cocoon's Xinclude processor resolve the URL (relative to the source document) correctly.

e.g.

<xi:include href="../../content/resources/site/login.xml">
  <xi:fallback>login.xml not included.</xi:fallback> </xi:include>

However, when I moved to Saxon 8.7.1 (and also with 8.7.3) the xinclude fails to locate the
referenced file unless I change the href attribute so that the url is relative to the current
Cocoon context.

e.g.

<xi:include href="content/resources/site/login.xml">
  <xi:fallback>login.xml not included.</xi:fallback> </xi:include>



Important Note:
===============

It is important to understand that I am 'NOT' using Cocoon to process the requested document
but rather to process the request (by using Cocoon's request generator) information itself,
which includes a refernece to the original requested document. The request info is transformed
into an 'envelope' containing the request parameters, HTTP header info and an interface definition
file that may contain xi:include instructions that reference additional static content. It
is these xi:include instructions that are at the centre of the problem. The example is in:

xinclude/interface/config/login.xml

The Cocoon pipeline match that does all the work can be found starting at line 182 of sitemap.xmap.

During the processing, the requested content and referenced content merged and transformed
into XHTML within the main rendering transform:

xinclude/interface/transforms/xhtml/screen.xsl

===============



To run the test webapp that I have attached you will need to set-up Cocoon as follows:

1) Add the following lines to cocoon/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:

  <component logger="core.xslt-processor"
      role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/saxon"
      class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl">
    <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
    <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="false"/>
    <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
  </component>

after the Xalan component declaration.


2) Get Saxon 8.7 and 8.7.3 from http://www.saxonica.com/ and place the following jars in cocoon/WEB-INF/lib

saxon8.jar
saxon8-dom.jar
saxon8-xpath.jar


3) Unpack the attached ZIP file (xinclude.zip) in your cocoon directory


4) Use the following link to access the test page:

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xinclude/interface/config/login.html

(Depending on host and port number etc you may need to tweak this url.)


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message