cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Caching strategies
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:53:14 GMT
El jue, 13-07-2006 a las 19:14 +0200, Ard Schrijvers escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for a best practice whitepaper regarding caching
> > strategies.
>
> I don't really think there is such a whitepaper regarding caching strategies. I am going
to write some documentation/best practices on cocoon caching. But, at this very moment, I
don't think there is. Of course, there is a wiki, but it is not 1 comprehensive part.

> I hope to have it ready in a about a month. I am only not sure in what kind of form I
will make this documentation. Shall I write it as one thing in one static document, or could
I better do it in wiki form..WDYT?

I am not sure either. Can't you do this on the zone? I thought that was
what Daisy is for.

Anyhow IMO it makes sense to firstly do it in the wiki, which has the
benefit that I might be able to assist you.

> Some of the subjects I want to cover are described in
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115194685214066&w=2

Very nice. I liked as well your comprehensive answers in

> If you have a specific thing you need to know now let me know.

ATM I have no one specific problem I need to prepare a course on cocoon
and big part of it the client wishes to be on caching.

Having said this if you start this caching howto, please let me know I
am happy to help where I can.

> > Does somebody knows some good links regarding the art of caching of
> > cocoon apps?
>
> the mechanism is quite well explained over here, but it is not a "best practice" document
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/writing/690.html

Yeah, that is as well a nice document about caching.

> Regards Ard

Thanks very much Ard, that are very useful information.

salu2