cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Starting work on a simple demo of Cocoon 2.2, for Java developers
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:50:53 GMT
Hi community,

Here's a summary of our discussion of this morning at the Hackathon.
The goal was to coordinate our Hackathon efforts, to get something
useful out as soon as possible, based on the 2.2 trunk.

These are not project decisions, only a snapshot of what the people
present are willing to work on at the moment.

Here are my notes, feel free to comment!

Target audience:
First the people who want to build applications with Cocoon, and are
comfortable with Java and the corresponding build tools. The
"non-programming" users will come next.

Main goal:
Provide these people with a quick way of evaluating 2.2, based on a
small sample app. Ideally, people should be able to generate a sample
app, compile and run it whithin 10 minutes, assuming a good connection
to the Maven repositories is available.

Usage scenario:
1. Install a JDK and Maven 2
2. Use the supplied Maven archetype to generate the demo application
3. Use Maven to compile, build and run the application
4. If desired, modify the generated source code and run the app again

We're starting work on this right now, which mostly means creating an
archetype for the demo app, and releasing the required parts to make
it work.

-Bertrand