cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to config Cocoon to handle Japanese characters?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 05:49:30 GMT
On 6/16/06, caly <cally.liang@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...In my xsl file, I specify the output is html:
>
>   <xsl:output method="html"/>...

You don't need that in Cocoon, the output is created by the serializer
that you put at the end of your pipeline. IIRC xsl:output is ignored.

> ...When I invoke the Cocoon to generate the HTML file, I got the following
> exception:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: committed...

I suspect this has nothing to do with the presence or absence of
Japanese characters, this might be caused by something else in your
pipeline or application.

Cocoon should handle the whole Unicode character set without problems,
to try it you should start from a very simple example like [1], and
add some Japanese characters to the input - it should work.

-Bertrand

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/hello-world/hello.html