cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote Result] New committers
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:41:43 GMT
On 6/20/06, Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 14.06.2006 21:16, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
> > I'd like to introduce some people of our community and invite them for
> > becoming committers of the Cocoon project. Three people do I have in
> > mind: Andreas Hochsteger, Peter Hunsberger and Jason Johnston.
>
> Congratulations Andreas, Peter and Jason. You all have been elected with
> 21 positive and no negative votes to become committers of the Cocoon
> project. Welcome!

Wow, this is a surprise.  What can I say, I'm certainly honoured!

I'm afraid I won't be able to become much more active within the
project in the near future, but maybe over the long term that will
change.  I gave the dept. director a copy of the Corporate License
Agreement and they will consider it, and I will certainly try and
sneak some time in to do some stuff on the individual side.

I'm older than most of the people here, I've been working in CS for
some 25 years now.  I live in Memphis, TN where I work with St. Jude
Children's Research Hospital developing applications for the capture
of Clinical Research data.
Our application has FDA approval for use in making Clinical decisions,
so Cocoon is also directly helping save lives here as well as helping
us find cures for catastrophic diseases in children.

We've been using Cocoon for some 6 years or so.  I had originally
started work on  our own XML pipeline but ran across Cocoon while
looking for alternatives.  We've done a lot of stuff with Cocoont and
I hope to eventually contribute a couple of things. Perhaps the
biggest would be additions to cache management to make it easier to
handle the cases where concerns orthogonal to some main cache key end
up stepping on the validity of a portion of the cache.

I leave on vacation tomorrow so it will take me a bit to get the paper
work submitted and everything else in place, but I hope to get back to
this by the end of next week.
--
Peter Hunsberger