cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r417489 - /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/test/org/apache/cocoon/matching/WildcardURIMatcherTestCase.java
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:55:59 GMT

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:21:54 +0200
> From: Andreas Hartmann <andreas@apache.org>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r417489 -
>     /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/test/org/apache/cocoon/matching/Wildcard
>     URIMatcherTestCase.java
>
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>  On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, andreas@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> >  Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:39:35 -0000
>> >  From: andreas@apache.org
>> >  To: cvs@cocoon.apache.org
>> >  Subject: svn commit: r417489 -
>> >      /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/test/org/apache/cocoon/matching/Wildcard

>> >      URIMatcherTestCase.java
>> >
>> >  Author: andreas
>> >  Date: Tue Jun 27 08:39:35 2006
>> >  New Revision: 417489

>> >  Log:
>> >  Added failing test to WildcardURIMatcherTestCase: **/*.html results in
>> >  wrong wildcard replacements
>>
>>  I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
>
> That would be great, thanks a lot!
>
> I took a quick look at WildcardMatcherHelper.Matcher.match(), but it
> looked a little to complex. I guess the problem is that the double
> asterisk is not greedy enough, but I have no idea how to fix it :)

Yes, it's exaclty that. I've changed the greedyness of the '**' wildcard
with the consequence that other test cases now won't deliver same
results (all having multiple '**' wildcards, and thus have changed them
accordingly).

> I wondered, though, that the Javadocs say that the method works from
> the end to the start, but it looks like it actually works from the
> start to the end - maybe it's related to that?

Hmm.. I thought I've changed all the javadocs accordingly. The first
algorithm was processing from end to start but this as shown to be more
complex in the end so I've change it from start to end. I'll checck the
javadocs again. Tnanks.

Ciao

Giacomo

- --