cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn C. Vos" <m....@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [CForms] Tree widget based on XML document
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:54:34 GMT

Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno@outerthought.org] wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 11:03 +0200, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 23:49 +0200, Fred Vos wrote:
> <snip/>
> > >  Another
> > > thing that is necessary is the possibility to add
> key-value pairs to every
> > > folder and node, available in the form template. To
> create a directory tree
> > > with directories and files, showing filename, size, date
> et cetera, then
> > > requires the use of a directory generator and
> transforming its output to an
> > > xml document that can be used in the tree widget.
> >
> > I don't think the current tree model implementation forbids
> to add such
> > key-value pairs (or any sort of attribute) to your own tree node
> > implementation. It might of course be considered to make this a
> > standarized concept.
>
> I didn't think of this before, but the example you have given is
> perfectly possible with the SourceTreeModel today, without any work at
> all (no pipelines to set up, no XSL to write, and in addition branches
> are only loaded on demand and file name filtering is
> possible). So from
> a user POV, using the specific SourceTreeModel really is
> easier in this case. I understand this was just an example though.

I think it was an example to show that an XMLTreeModel can be used
as a SourceTreeModel, but not the other way around.

In any case, I need a tree widget that can take its input from a
cocoon pipeline. At the moment I'm using Fred's (or trying to, so far),
but getting rid of that Xom dependency would be very nice indeed.

mcv.