cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SessionReplication
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:05:59 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me if the current state of Session Replication in Cocoon is
> still as described in:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FlowscriptAndSessionReplication ?
>
> If so -
>
> 1. Is this any different in 2.2?

no

> 2. Has anyone looked at how long it would take to fix this?
> 3. If I don't use Flowscript in my application - does SessionReplication
> work?

Currently the best bet is using Apples as controller and put only Serializable
objects into the session. If you also want to use cForms you will probably need
to work on making the Form object supporting the Serializable interface but this
shouldn't be too difficult.

> I would also be really interested in the arguments you use against a
> customer saying "Cocoon is crap because it can't replicate sessions". Yes
> really.

In one of my project we don't use HTTPSessions at all but have a session service
that needs to be explicitly called. The system behind the session service is the
only stateful unit in our architecture.
This leads to more work during development but you can scale/load-balance your
presentation layer without having to think about complicated replication stuff
or sticky cookies at all.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc