cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] validation of Spring xml files fails
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 06:44:08 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ...org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration
>> of element 'beans'...
>
> Weird...this was cause by having the ASF license comment before the
> DOCTYPE in the XML document, although this is valid AFAIK.

Yes, it's valid. Starting with Spring 2.0 you can either use the spring
dtd or a new schema. Now spring 2.0 rc1 is using a not so clever
detection mechanism wheter a file is using the dtd or not: it scans the
first five lines of the file for the doctype definition. If it does not
find one, it assumes the file is using the schema...apparently our
license header has more than five lines, so this mechanism of spring is
failing if you put the header before the doctype definition :(

I already filed a bug and they hopefully come up with a better solution
for rc2/final. In the meantime, we have to put the doctype before the
licence header.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/