cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: [Vote Result] New committers
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:15:12 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Congratulations Andreas, Peter and Jason. You all have been elected with
> 21 positive and no negative votes to become committers of the Cocoon
> project. Welcome!

Thank you all!  I feel extremely honored.

I guess I should introduce myself a bit...

I'm 28 years old and live in the beautiful state of Colorado USA.
Married for two years, no kids yet.  I have a degree in classical piano
performance.  When I realized a career in music would be too unstable, I
picked up some books and started teaching myself web development.  I've
been doing that full time ever since, primarily front-end user interface
work (HTML/CSS/JS).  I've always been very interested in web standards
and "elegant" architectures, which is what attracted me to XML
publishing frameworks like AxKit and Cocoon.  I'm also interested in the
Semantic Web and RDF and dabble in that as time allows.

Currently I work for a company named Intrado, which is the leading
provider of 9-1-1 emergency services software here in the U.S.  We use
Cocoon in one of our major products, so yes Cocoon is helping save
lives! :-)

My personal web site is http://lojjic.net (Cocoon-powered of course),
feel free to stop by.

My code contributions as a committer may be minimal, mostly due to legal
entanglements with my employer.  I'm still trying to work out those
issues though so the situation may improve.  I do enjoy helping folks
out on the users list though so I'll certainly continue to do that.

Thanks again everyone for the recognition!  Now back to the grind...
--Jason