cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Compatiblity problem in template block
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:26:56 GMT
After some searching I found out why the samples in 2.2 do not work
anymore. It's an problem caused by removing deprecated stuff in 2.2.

In 2.1.x with JXTG (not template block!), you can directory refer to
"request", "response" and "parameters" in your template. We deprecated
this in favour of always using the prefix "cocoon.".
Unfortunately when we introduced "cocoon.parameters" we did not store
the Parameters object but convert the Parameters object into a
Properties object. So in 2.1.x accessing "parameters" returns a
Parameters object while accessing "cocoon.parameters" returns a
Properties object.
As we have removed the deprecated stuff in the template block and in
2.2, there is no way to access the Parameters object anymore. As a
properties object does not allow to iterate over the stored properties,
there is no way to simply list all parameters (which makes the samples
fail).
Because of compatibility I think we can not simply change this code and
store the Parameters object under "cocoon.parameters" (although this
would make most sense to me). So perhaps using something more verbose
like "cocoon.sitemap-parameters" could be used instead?

WDYT?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/