cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:57:13 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Could the compromise be that the 'release' == 'alpha/beta/grokmake' with the
> README listing '* Examples a,b,c not working,' ??

Ok, perhaps my wording was not the best :) Of course the samples are not
working, but this is a hint that the technology used by the samples is
not working and not the sample by itself. So releasing in this state
means not only that samples are not working but also core functionality.
 And the biggest block here is the template block.

> Striving for perfection before action, is a paradox as perfection can only be
> obtained by fine-tuning the action.
:)

> I would +1 a improved release every week. Small steps. Little to consider.
> Fast Forward. Done, Next!, Done! ... Anybody still around from the Cocoon 1.0
> times ??
If we have fixed the starting problems mentioned above, then we can
release every day if we want and incrementally fix things (though I'm
concerned by the implications wrt. legal oversight etc.).

So, let's just fix the worst things and release :) I'm currently looking
into the template block...

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/