cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:59:55 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>Regardless of the name, I think we should take a little bit more time
>>>and use the ApacheCon hackathon to "prepare" this first release and then
>>>release (or upload) right after the ApacheCon.
>>
>>Then let's release in the first week of July *whatever* we have by then. This
>>should also be the starting signal for a time-based release cycle (see my other
>>answer to this mail).
>>

> :) Sorry to be a little pita here, but I will vote against a release in
> the first week of July *if* the situation with the samples is still the
> same. If this is fixed by then I'll be fine :)

That's the point I want to make in my other mail: With this attitude we probably
wait forever to get something released as then it's July, holiday time and maybe
we won't even get 3 +1 votes of PMC members.

We have to break this vicious circle _now_ if we want to get quality feedback
from projects that try the migration.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc