cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [cforms] New ProcessingPhases added a repeater bug?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:15:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>

>> It's not it does not work. The code was moved out because this seems to
>> be a better place for firing form events. This events are form events,
>> hence the form should fire them as needed. IMHO, the binding framework
>> does not need to know/care about special form needs.
>>
> Agreed
>

>> This can be fixed in a different way:
>> While fixing this issue. We wondered why form.save() and form.load()
>> methods are defined only in form.js . This make pretty complicated to
>> call the binding framework outside flow (ie: from the actions). IMHO,
>> this methods belongs to form.java and in this way we can also not allow
>> an outsider class to call the following public methods:
>>
>> informStartLoadingModel()
>> informEndLoadingModel()
>> informStartSavingModel()
>> informEndSavingModel()
>>
>> WDYT?
>>

> Hmm, ok it sounds good to me to move code out of form.js into the Java
> code. I think most of the code from form.js should be moved to be
> available for cforms clients which do not use flow.
> And protecting the above methods is good as well. The only thing I do
> not know is if it is a good idea to add a dependency to the binding
> package to the form class. So a general +1 for this.

There are 2 very close file that we need to merge first:

Form.js [1] for js flow and
FormInstance.java [2] for javaflow

The later seems to be lagging new functionality. But both files needs to
provide the same functionality.
BTW, an interesting outdated patch [3]

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

[1]
src/blocks/forms/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js
[2]
src/blocks/javaflow/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/java/FormInstance.java
[3] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-844