cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Proposal for web service proxy transformer
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 04:04:23 GMT
Hi,

Warrell escribió:

> Hi All,
>

> Does the community agree that a new Cocoon SOAP proxy transformer
> could better support the increasing demand for SOA applications
> realised through SOAP Web services?

Warning: I am not an expert.
I think it might be a great addition. A lot of people if looking for
REST this days.

> I ask this because having used the WSProxyGenerator for a REST web
> service
> http://www.nhs.uk/WebServices/ExportLocalServicesData/LocalServices.asmx?op=GetByOrganisationAddress

> (worked very well) I found that there was no support for a SOAPAction.
> I modified the WSProxyGenerator to HTTPPost a SOAPAction and use the
> HTTPRequest InputStream as the SOAP Message. However this meant that I
> could not do anything to the SOAP Message before it got to Cocoon. The
> StreamGenerator was the obvious choice to take the SOAP message and
> put it into the pipeline but I could not see a way to use the two
> generators in series. To overcome this I hacked together a
> CustomDOMTransformer and this has proved useful for me and at least
> one other Cocoon user.  I have looked around and see that some people
> use XSP to do something similar. Also Antonio Gallardo has created
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1618 to do something
> similar for the Axis block. Please let me know gently if I have missed
> something else obvious.

It's not my patch. The reporter is Stephan Zuercher.
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa;jsessionid=0D2BF1AEDE61D6F99999BD908DBA108E?name=zuercher%40gmail.com>

> I get the impression that XSP is being (or should be) deprecated.

You are right.

> Although many people are, I was never personally fond of JSP/ASP and
> similarly I worry that Axis is doing more to obfuscate Web Services
> than make them easy to implement. As we all know this is a great
> opportunity for Cocoon to spread its reach. More components and
> samples that make this simple to understand and easy to do must be a
> good thing. I have put my very simple implementation at
> http://www.warrell.co.uk/cocoon/proxy.zip
>

> With your approval and help I would like to move this forward and
> maybe get it into the 2.2 release.

Great, would you kindly add it to our tracking system [1]?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1618>