cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [cforms] New ProcessingPhases added a repeater bug?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:05:05 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi Leo,
>>
>> Thanks for the input! It's now fixed:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=414691&view=rev

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for taking your time for reviewing this. :-)
> Can you please explain why it works if the events are fired from
> flowscript and why it does
> not work if they're fired from the binding framework.

It's not it does not work. The code was moved out because this seems to
be a better place for firing form events. This events are form events,
hence the form should fire them as needed. IMHO, the binding framework
does not need to know/care about special form needs.

> I think we should try to fire the events from the binding framework
> because if someone is not using flowscript, the behaviour should be the
> same.

This can be fixed in a different way:
While fixing this issue. We wondered why form.save() and form.load()
methods are defined only in form.js . This make pretty complicated to
call the binding framework outside flow (ie: from the actions). IMHO,
this methods belongs to form.java and in this way we can also not allow
an outsider class to call the following public methods:

informStartLoadingModel()
informEndLoadingModel()
informStartSavingModel()
informEndSavingModel()