cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i18n Translation in cocoon
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:58:42 GMT
sat2_waran said the following on 15/6/06 11:31:
> Hi
>
> We are using Cocoon 2.1(Web publishing Framework)
>
> We have some problem in getting the i18n content in pages.
>
> If we hardcode the key value like for instance,
> <i18n:text>input-text</i18n:text> then the translated value is getting
> printed (for example “output-text”),
>
> For Example: input-text is ‘home’ corresponding value is ‘Espana’ in
> message.xml [ <message key=”home”>Espana</message>]
>
>  But if we try to  get  the key value from xsl variable, like
>
> <i18n:text><xsl:value-of select=”$variable”/></i18n:text> it’s
not working
> although the $variable contains the value as ‘home’. The output comes as
> “home”.
>
> But the expected result is ‘Espana’
>
> Could you please help us to resolve this problem?
>
> We will be very grateful to you if you could help us as soon as possible.

I've seen this question recently. Two suggestions where made that would
be the first I would look into:

1. is the i18n transformation done AFTER your xsl transformation that
solves the "value-of $variable"?

2. comment out all transformations after this xsl transformation and
just serialize it to xml to check if you actually get
<i18n:text>home</i18n:text>

I suspect the first suggestion solves your problem.

Finally, if none of these work, check that "message.xml" is actually
used, not FormsMessages.xml or OtherMessages.xml.

HTH

Bye, Helma