cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:26:02 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Thursday 15 June 2006 13:44, Jorg Heymans wrote:
>

>>The poms are correctly configured for the release plugin AFAIK, you
>>should just be able to run the goals and get something going.
>

> Ok, cool.
>

>>Please note that we don't want to release all blocks, so you'll have to
>>do a non-recursive release of the root pom first, then core, and then
>>all other blocks separately in their normal dependency order.
>

> IMHO, that is not very clever, just creates a lot of work for nothing. If
> something is not "official" I normally remove the entry from the <modules>,
> and as things get ready, add them in.

The problem is that it *is* official but not ready to release. If we wait for
all 170+ modules, I expect a first C22 release in 2008 ;-)

But your remark makes me think that we should have a code freeze for let's say 3
days. At this time we comment all modules that we don't want to release. This
way the release plugin should work for us as expected and we don't have to
maniupulate any POMs directly. WDOT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc