cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:29:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So this means we release some jars and the plugins? I think one
> important goal of this
> release should be to get feedback, so we should try to make the barrier
> to test 2.2 as low as possible while puttint as less effort as possible
> into it. I'm not sure if just releasing maven artifacts is enough here.

Which kind of feedback do you want?
I think we need feedback from people that migrate their projects to C22. I don't
believe it makes sense to use C22 without a Maven 2 based build. And, as I said
in many previous mails, a distribution that can be compared to a C21 release has
its only purpose in being a demo application, nothing more.

So yes, I think that the named artifacts are enough for a first release.
Releasing forms, fop, javaflow, apples, batik, mail and portal should be the
next step so that more people can start to experiment with a migration. During
this phase we should fix their samples too.

Finally, we don't have to provide *one* release that contains all our 50+ blocks
anymore. Luckily we can release iterativly whenever something is ready :-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc