cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:14:08 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>AFAICT there is not much work left to get a first beta release out of the door.
>>The only issue that I know of is that the reloading classloader doesn't work
>>which would be important to get it fixed. Does somebody have time to look into
>>this problem?
>>
>>Then we could release
>>
>>  - cocoon-core
>>  - cocoon-bootstrap
>>  - cocoon-template
>>  - cocoon-deployer-plugin
>>  - cocoon-22-archetype-webapp
>>  - cocoon-22-archetype-block
>>
>>I would like to see those modules released *before* the ApacheCon. Does anything
>>speak a release on Monday (June, 19th)?
>>

> Yes, most samples are currently not working and this includes the
> template block

yes, I looked briefly into the issue but haven't found the cause. IIUC the list
cocoon.parameters contains the values instead of the names.

> - I wrote an email last week (or the week before), but
> got no reply for the problem at hand.
>
> So, imho we should try to get most samples working - it's not necessary
> that all samples work, but there should be more working samples than
> failing ones. So as long as this is the case, I'm -1 on a release.

which samples are failing?

> In addition, I would like to have a support for paranoid classloasding
> in the deployer: controlled by a property the deploy could rewrite my
> web.xml and add the paranoid servlet, listener and filters. Now, I could
> come up with the code for rewriting the web.xml, but have no clue how
> and where to add this in the deploy code.

yes I agree but we shouldn't delay a release just because of this missing feature.

I will give more detailed advise about where you can add your code ASAP.

> Finally :) how to we do the actual release? We have to take care of
> legal aspects as well, like adding all licenses of the uses dependencies
> etc.

I don't think that we should only provide Maven artifacts for our first release,
nothing more. Getting out a "perfect" sample distribution (which only has demo
purpose - people should *never* use it as the base for their own projects) could
take ages ... and I don't want to wait for it.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc