cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413889 - /cocoon/trunk/README.txt
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:28:28 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko escribió:
> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>> vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> +
>>> +You may need anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for this step to
>>> +complete.
>>> +
>>
>> Unless you want absolutely nobody to try the new build I suggest you
>> remove this witty comment.
>
> It's not witty, it's factual. Giacomo recently reported that it can be
> in as little as 5 minutes.
Agreed [1]. But as a positive comment, we should add: "this might
happens to you only the first time. The maven community is already aware
of this issue and they are working to solve it. The 2nd and next builds
takes 1-5 minutes, because there is no need to download again the
required jars."

[1] Technically this time, it depends of what jars we have already
downloaded to our local repository. The contacted Maven Repository
Server (MRS) load, etc. I personally found the best time for downloading
from a MRS are weekends. The worse time in a working day is one hour
after Europe start working to when NY/LA ends the working day. Hence,
weekends are the best time for downloading. :-)

>> Why not insert a few lines describing how to change the primary mirror
>
> Please do, especially since you know how.
>

>> like i suggested to you yesterday [1] ? That would convey a much more
>> positive message.
>
> The mirror you suggested seems to be noticeably slower than default.
You are not in *Europe*, right? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo